Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Dec 2022

Kernighan's lever

Anonymous
Wed 21-Dec-2022 20:41
Mark Fitzsimmons
Engineer, woodworker, philosopher, fan
My response is, both of the original statements are false, because the skills required for programming and debugging are subtly different, and not inherently easier or harder. The debugging task has methods that can be systematic and stepwise (making the task "easier"), and sometimes requiring additional code writing to interrogate what were, in your original inspired creation phase, leaps of intuition or complex design you imagined were simpler than you thought (making the task "harder"). Debugging is in part a process of learning how complex your design intent really is, when translated into a language of a complex machine. They are not really separate things, programming and debugging.

The sixtyforgan

Anonymous
Sun 25-Dec-2022 11:59
Oh yes, please ! Could we get a copy of your C64 program ? It is awesome :)!!!

wonderful project, very very well explained! Is the C64 playing program available for download? I made a similar program but for piano-like keyboard

Brainfuck

Anonymous
Wed 28-Dec-2022 07:53
awesome stuff, it's like an artform