Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Dec 2010

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Wed 1-Dec-2010 14:45
Great article, very imformative please explain how to prevent UART overrun

Beagleboard VGA output

Anonymous
Fri 3-Dec-2010 17:20
I found a solution to the right border issue, but it requires modification of the linux kernel. For whichever display driver you're using (OMAPFB or OMAP-DSS2), you can enable the AC-Bias signal (normally used to prevent polarization in LCD displays) to generate a "blank" signal. This could be then used to trigger some kind of analog mux (I'm using the TI THS8135's blank input) to drive the outputs to zero (blank level). The register you need to modify is DISPC_POL_FREQ, specifically fields ACBI and ACB. I used ACBI=0 and ACB=0x28 which matches up with my 640x480 display quite nicely. :-)

OMAP2-DSS allows you to set this easily in display-generic.c, in generic_panel_probe():
dssdev->panel.config = OMAP_DSS_LCD_TFT;
dssdev->panel.timings = rwc_vga_panel_timings;
dssdev->panel.acbi = 0;
dssdev->panel.acb = 0x28;

Craft

Anonymous
Tue 7-Dec-2010 04:45
I'm thinking that you are not human.
And i am scared when i realize that 'bad' programming a modern processor to do the same thing can probably waste 100 times the same energy. buh...!!!
thank you!
i'm italian so i can't speak/write in good english. eheh bye.

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Wed 8-Dec-2010 17:36
A thought-provoking article and interesting read! There is something I'd love to have expanded: why am I "better off without" syntax highlighting if I'm already accustomed to it? I do use syntax highlighting (coding mainly C) and I do agree with you that most of it is a waste of time if you're already comfortable with the language. Having read the article and thinking about it for a minute, it would seem I "use" syntax highlighting for quickly telling apart comments from code, code from macros and allowing me to stay away from accidentally using a reserved keyword (which, as you say, the compiler will probably take care of anyway). But, will I start writing better code if I remove these very simple guides? I doubt it.

I suppose it's like coffee to the regular user: Your own belief in it keeps you coming back for more, even if it doesn't really do much at all.

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Thu 9-Dec-2010 18:19
Hi there ! Would it be possible to create a raw tty which redirects input to some fifo and another tty to read from that fifo ? I know that is extrange what I'm asking...I'm building a z80 emulator and if this is possible would help me to test the input/output routines of the emulator without writting code to read/display...

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Fri 10-Dec-2010 12:55
I wish you would add the Comic Bakery to your down load music. I liked what I heard in your youtube video

Making the Chipophone

Anonymous
Sat 11-Dec-2010 20:33
This is fantastic! I saw the video you placed on youtube, where you described the chipophone, and while there was some, I think that you definitely need to do the full Comic Bakery!

Fratres

Anonymous
Tue 14-Dec-2010 21:27
thank you for all this (comments included!)... Part is certainly one of my favourite composers, and this piece along with those on his 'Miserere' album really go a long way to showing his genius.
Thank you all.

Spellbound

Anonymous
Wed 15-Dec-2010 23:11
Chipophone rules! I love what you've done and really want to hear more!

Little Nemo: The Dream Master

Anonymous
Thu 16-Dec-2010 10:25
A nice rendition of a good song. The game itself is cute and fun too :)

/Pontus

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Thu 16-Dec-2010 18:25
If you'll release source code, I'll become your slave

Anonymous
Fri 17-Dec-2010 11:42
It's nice watching people discuss this king of subject :)
Over the time, people usually change their acceptance about all things.
Its a natural behaviour of human being.
But, as example, who could image that a player without many feature could make so much sucess just due this "beautiful" interface?
People aim for "nice" looking view of thingsbp
Most of people around the world, aim for things that really don't add anything.
Just fill try to fill the gaps in their own concience(and lack of creativity).
At least, most of us here try to create really nice things.
Hernandi - Br - ff.bpt.c

Spellbound

Anonymous
Fri 17-Dec-2010 12:24
U should perform those in a cathedral!

Craft

Anonymous
Fri 17-Dec-2010 23:41
Hey, youre awesome!
And the Soundtrack of Craft is beautiful :)

Anonymous
Mon 20-Dec-2010 02:11
Personally, I disagree with this article. Personally I enjoy using Game Maker a lot, and the syntax-highlighting within the program helps me program better. Any language can benefit from it, really; I mainly enjoy it for the fact that you can immediately tell if you might be accidentally naming a variable with the same name as a function or something. Plus it helps me pick out particular sections of code by coloring function names so I can immediately tell where a function is on a long line of code.

Carol of the Bells

Anonymous
Mon 20-Dec-2010 09:10
Very nice! But I choose to hear the lyrics to carol of the old ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftld7Ohojg

/Pontus
lft
Linus Åkesson
Mon 20-Dec-2010 19:10
Very nice! But I choose to hear the lyrics to carol of the old ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftld7Ohojg

/Pontus

Thank you, and may you be eaten first! =)

Anonymous
Fri 24-Dec-2010 06:18
As if capitalizing the first letter of every sentence wasn't syntax highlighting ...

Spellbound

Anonymous
Sat 25-Dec-2010 18:03
you should record robocop 3 :)
great job on the instrument, very well done, excellent work, pure genius.

Seconded. Robocop 3 is completely awesome. Way better than boring non-arpeggiated NES tunes. :)

Thirded!

Fratres

Anonymous
Sat 25-Dec-2010 22:47
I just want to extend my heartfelt thanks for this beautiful rendition of Fratres. I would actually rank it right behind Shaham's interpretation (which I admire more than the ECM recording with Kremer - a blasphemy, I know). The 8-bit sound suits the music perfectly.

Lukas from Prague

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Sun 26-Dec-2010 21:32
very helpful indeed Thanks a ton.

Craft

Anonymous
Wed 29-Dec-2010 10:25
its really W O N D E R F U L)))) very nice
I am addicted to needlework and crafting too....check it out my site http://www.oxima-homemade.com/en.html