Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Sep 2015

Autosokoban

lft
Linus Åkesson
Tue 8-Sep-2015 15:52
This one seems impossible:
http://www.linusakesson.net/games/autosokoban/?v=1&seed=1278908319&level=4

Not at all. But it's a nice find!
Anonymous
Tue 8-Sep-2015 23:16
Ah. Yes. You are right! Why didn't I see that...

Live at LCP 2011

Anonymous
Thu 10-Sep-2015 21:55
I'd still like to see comic bakery loader theme played on this device.

A lateral-thinking puzzle

Anonymous
Sat 19-Sep-2015 14:22
(No spoilers) I've got 4/3. Is a better solution possible?

Zeugma

Anonymous
Sun 20-Sep-2015 13:37
How to use Zeugma on VICE emulator:

Go to the Settings menu and select Cartridge/IO settings
Select REU settings
Enable REU and set size to 16mb
Browse to the z-file you want to play. (You may need to rename the extension to .reu first.)
Run the Zeugma program.

So far I have not got a game to run, but the error message I see - "z-machine version 0 not supported" - gives me hope I am making some progress.

lft
Linus Åkesson
Sun 20-Sep-2015 14:03
The intended solution is indeed 4/3. Well done! I haven't found a better way, but who knows.

Zeugma

lft
Linus Åkesson
Sun 20-Sep-2015 14:07

So far I have not got a game to run, but the error message I see - "z-machine version 0 not supported" - gives me hope I am making some progress.

Check the earlier comment from johnwbyrd. VICE requires you to pad the file to the correct size.

Anonymous
Mon 21-Sep-2015 14:12
I'll give the first "hint". For my solution to give an expected value of 4/3, I assumed that a patient doesn't immediately die when donating blood.
Anonymous
Tue 22-Sep-2015 03:00
Draw a small amount of blood from two of them and give the blood to the other. ⅓ of the time you will have drawn from A and B and everyone will die. Otherwise, you will have drawn from O and one other. O will die but the other will still be alive, and you can use O's blood for the other two. This assumes that the small amount mixed into O's bloodstream now won't kill the third one upon receiving more blood from O though.

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Tue 22-Sep-2015 04:41
Thanks for a great explanation of infrequently discussed, arcane, but essential part of the Unix/Linux "reptile brain". Required knowledge for anyone who hopes to use Unix/Linux beyond a novice level.

Vale
Valentino Miazzo
Tue 29-Sep-2015 08:09
I assume Hr doesn't matter and the amount of blood removed and necessary to save one patient doesn't kill immediately the donor.

Solution: Pick two patients randomly. Spill from the receiver a transfusion and keep the blood aside. Transfuse from donor to receiver. 1/3 of times the donor is O and receiver doesn't die immediately. Restore the receiver blood and do another transfusion from the donor to the other patient. You saved 2 people.
2/3 of times the donor is A or B and the receiver dies immediately. Reverse the transfusion.
In 1/2 of times the receiver was O. The corpe contains compatible blood and the reverse transfusion saves the original donor. The blood aside is O and useful to save the other patient.You saved 2 people.
In the other 1/2 of times the receiver is not O and all the patients die.
Therefore: 1/3*2 + 2/3*1/2*2 + 2/3*1/2*0=4/3

By the way, your projects are marvelous and very inspiring. Thanks!