Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Jul 2013

A Chipful of Love For You

Anonymous
Mon 1-Jul-2013 22:13
You´re great, keep at it.

GCR decoding on the fly

Anonymous
Tue 2-Jul-2013 20:40
This is a great achievement! So, in your fast loader, did you finally succeed to load a complete track including decoding and checksum test within two revolutions?
lft
Linus Åkesson
Thu 4-Jul-2013 21:33
This is a great achievement! So, in your fast loader, did you finally succeed to load a complete track including decoding and checksum test within two revolutions?

Not including serial transfer, because my goal was to make an IRQ loader. This adds some overhead to the serial protocol, as it must be able to cope with arbitrary delays on the C64 side. I am however down to three revolutions for tracks 18-35 and four for tracks 1-17, as measured on a static display with 25 badlines and no sprites.
Anonymous
Sun 7-Jul-2013 21:13
My hardware-speeder, S-JiffyDOS, can also decode from GCR to hexdec while reading from the disk. It also uses LAX and the the stack. It uses many ROM-tables (so it's 32 instead of 16kB) and it syncronices with BVC every 5th byte only. It's on www.nlq.de
Your short routine that fits into the 1541-RAM is fantastic.

Phasor

Anonymous
Mon 8-Jul-2013 14:28
Dude, this is really cool.
I just started expirimenting with arduino this year and I've done some cool stuff...like emulating the atari 8bit floppydrive with it and loading emulator rom files from an sdcard on my real atari.

I just took apart some tv set-top box and it contained an AtMega88 on the controller board....was thinking about doing something cool with it, but looking at this makes me think IT CAN NOT GET ANY COOLER.....except making a game out of it.

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Wed 10-Jul-2013 17:20
The language Esperanto is easy for beginners to understand partly because of its "syntax highlighting": all nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs have their respective word-endings that make them consistent. One can read a text and pick out all the nouns by form alone.

So no, it's not crazy for natural languages to do this.

Gravazoid

Anonymous
Sun 14-Jul-2013 19:58
Very nice and tiny game! Great!
The only question - how to run it in window (linux version)?
Anonymous
Mon 15-Jul-2013 19:53
To run in window (not fullscreen) run with -window command line option.

The hardware chiptune project

Anonymous
Wed 17-Jul-2013 01:57

mporshnev wrote:

Riccardo wrote:

Can you make a page where you explain the different kinds of waveforms
http://www.linusakesson.net/music/elements/index.php
I was talking more about a physical/mathematical (and practical, in software) explanation and implementation of them :)

Anonymous
Mon 22-Jul-2013 23:16
Start a Kickstarter project and I will definitely buy one!

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Wed 24-Jul-2013 04:12
Start a Kickstarter project and I will definitely buy one!

Parallelogram

Anonymous
Wed 31-Jul-2013 01:14
sparking awesome.
I am "curious" from poland, and i've hit your page when searching for simple
trackers (for making music) for atmega/uC class chips. what i've found here is well. sparking awesome :)

I had some contact with demoscene in my life, though real life dragged me far away from it since (coded few flaky zx spectrum demos) . now i mainly use computers as tools and working full time maintaining large injection molding machines which make frames for LCD tv's in korean factory. It's nice people like you keep the scene alive !
Parallel computing was always my interest, there are many aspects in theories... while you just stunningly made use of all recent tools to lightly create damn good piece of software and hardware - not limiting your creativity to libraries and cpu sets.
That's the spirit of FPGA design and you are fully into it!

what comes to my mind after seeing all that is another project i barely have time to follow - navit. It's cross-platform gps software based on OSM.
While it's nice and becomes more and more user-friendly, don't expect it to be anything than piece of frustrating annoyer along cityscape when used on hw. like google glass.
perhaps you could use few spare cycles of your brain to push it outside box of large C+ hog which barely reaches 1fps?
personally i visualise someone brutally ripping it off along with pieces of linux code and port it raw into some two-board hardware using fpga as blitter/3d accel and some arm cpu as a base, utilising bunch of nasty tricks like hardware acceleration of common functions (like decompression and parsing of OSM data) via FPGA 'coprocessor' and ofcourse video functions.

then i imagine it pushing the experience to higher level, with compass and accelerometers being able to drive heads-up display and update in decent FPS allowing augmenting of reality with navigation data like on most freaky sci-fi movies ;)

greetings and keep the spirit !