Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Feb 2009

Fratres

Anonymous
Thu 5-Feb-2009 22:13
Does anyone happen to know the origin of the piece, and/or why it has the name Fratres? I've never come across this in my readings about Part and I am very curious, it being one of my favorite pieces to listen to (and play).
Best to all,
karl@freefriends.org

Fratres means brethren (or brothers). Hence when priests or ministers get together it is called a Fraternity (now that we have women priests it should be a Maternity!)
The pulses on the claves/percussion is a Renaiassance call to attention/prayer that the monks (or brothers) would have played using wooden semantra - which prefigured the use of bells in the Eastern Church)

The hardware chiptune project

Anonymous
Wed 11-Feb-2009 07:12
it's amazing. good job!

What's up?

Anonymous
Thu 19-Feb-2009 19:01
Awesome, I can't wait for another microcontroller demo. I m currently building a simple 3D Scanner using an avr mcu too. Hopefully we can have a small talk at breakpoint =)
- Fox

Craft

Anonymous
Tue 24-Feb-2009 01:17
I'm pretty bad at analogue electronics but you write in the description that the red,green and blue lines vary between ground and 0.7V. But when i look at the ladder in your ascii schematics for for example red (PC4, PC5) i would have thought that when both is set to 1 (5V) you get 3.75V? Am i missing something?

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Wed 25-Feb-2009 02:47
Oh, you clearly missed the point of syntax highlighting...

Secret: Its use is to easily spot typos (forgetting an " etc)