Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Feb 2012

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Wed 1-Feb-2012 14:52
Wunderbar! :)

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Wed 1-Feb-2012 19:54
I love it! :D TAKE MY MONEY!! :D super coolt
Anonymous
Wed 1-Feb-2012 21:20
want
Anonymous
Thu 2-Feb-2012 03:59
Would love to buy one!
Just echoing what everyone else has said....I'd buy one...I'D BUY TEN!!!
Anonymous
Thu 2-Feb-2012 04:36
Dude, I no longer think its a prototype. This thing needs to be sold and show at namm
Anonymous
Thu 2-Feb-2012 12:09
u should put this on production
suddenly i am interested in music again
pranic_roger
Roger Fontaine
Thu 2-Feb-2012 14:14
great bitbuf product. I enjoyed your demo, your technical ability, and the precision of your design, also musical creativeness.
ditto to other comments, stereo with panning, are you sending bitbuf o/p to what kind of recorder? computer? apple?
as composer who likes to record this would be a great tool to have in studio. I could also see it as great improv performance tool.
keep me informed as your production progresses.

Making the Chipophone

Anonymous
Sat 4-Feb-2012 14:34
You rock! I'm now trying to find one of those organs, but no luck in Canada.
Joey Todd, Canada

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Thu 9-Feb-2012 21:01
This is amazing, please release a kit or a finished product! I'll echo the Kickstarter sentiment.

Suggestion: MIDI clock in (if not i/o) to sync with other hardware/software! Analog clock would be cool too but MIDI sync is the most important

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Thu 9-Feb-2012 23:48
OTOH, one striking memory I have is the first time I came across syntax highlighting: it was when I first saw C code, in Borland's Turbo C environment for MS-DOS.

Ok, I'm being a total pedant here but it must have Turbo C++. The TC v2.01 I used didn't have highlighting. It had a few bugs though - the most awful of which was implementing fread as a looped fgetc. Two orders of magnitude performance loss (actually about 75x). (TDebug was great). I still have trouble getting myself to use fread() or, thanks to DOS, allocating memory above 64KB.

Back to the point a bit - I think some editors have spent far too much programming effort on their highlighting lexers which could have been spent on useful stuff like ctag support and code outlining.

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Fri 10-Feb-2012 21:24
Hi, your work is amazing plus you know how to play some great themes :)
You killed me when you played the High Scores of Commando haha

Just to know, if I want to make you play in a concert in Paris, what would be the difficulty of moving the Chipophone...looks pretty big, right?
Will you be willing to move it from it's place?

Thanks again for everything, keep up the good work!!
H

Craft

Anonymous
Sat 11-Feb-2012 15:07
Wonderful project!
When did you do electronically?
Anonymous
Sun 12-Feb-2012 12:21
some 1 on mirc posted this today.. and I its so very AWESOME!!!!
this from 1 microcontroller. I feel tempted to just rebuild this as a standalone hehe
Did ya ever make more demo's on this hardware?
tesla1980
Thomas
Sun 12-Feb-2012 21:35
Please help me ! Can anyone tell me how to change the c - code to make that the whole program loops itself ? Where i must change the code. I`m absolutely a c-code noop - i have no idea ! PLZ HELP ME !

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Mon 13-Feb-2012 12:47
Oh man this is so lovely.. The live capabilities of this and the versitality of it... I want one right now. Id play with it all night.. Or if you release this as a kit i will purchase it something shameful! -owly84

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Mon 20-Feb-2012 04:35
Superb post. Thank you.

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Sat 25-Feb-2012 23:47
oh my god please let us buy one why are you teasing us so much by posting such awesome videos and not selling your stuff in some form or another? You are like the god of building awesome things. Please go show this to guitar center or sam ash or some music store and try to retail this, I think that they would think this was awesome. Please manufacture this. it kicks the alesis microns butt. lol.

Fratres

Anonymous
Mon 27-Feb-2012 04:59
I've been searching in vain for a guitar tabulature for Fratres, does anyone have a version ? I'd be happy for just the basic rythm part/main chords but I'd really like it if anyone had a tab for some cool arppregios too! I've found some sheet music but I'm so bad at reading them, I can't translate it reliably :(

Forgive my tardiness. Having found this explanation of Fratres on Google (thank you Mr. Kesson for such a thorough analysis!), I set out to intabulate it. It works perfectly without transposition. Please email me at ninebreaker21@yahoo.com and I will send you a copy of my intabulation.

The hardware chiptune project

Anonymous
Mon 27-Feb-2012 08:48
I can't seem to figure out how to fit this onto an ATmega88. The final hex seems to be 13.4KB. You mentioned you did some cool stuff with packing but I don't know how to do any of that on an ATmega chip.
Anonymous
Mon 27-Feb-2012 13:17
Hey! Thanks for an insirational project!
I'm currently studying your code and I can't figure out where does this "50 HZ" come from ?

"void playroutine() { // called at 50 Hz"

The routine runs in the main loop
"for(;;) {
while(!timetoplay);

timetoplay--;
playroutine();
}"

Please explain why is it triggered at 50 HZ ?

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Wed 29-Feb-2012 04:31
please sell this, I can have all my money, ALL OF IT!!!!

Autosokoban

Anonymous
Wed 29-Feb-2012 05:18
Looks like it eventually runs out of levels at level 2147483647.
(I don't know much about the language you programmed it in, but is there a reason that the level counter is signed? However, that would just delay the problem...)

Klämrisk Hero

cheapie
Wed 29-Feb-2012 05:23
This is a bit late, but here's that sign translated to English by Google Translate:

WARNING
THE PINCH HAZARD

Harmful to transport goods in elevators with no inner door or gate.

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Wed 29-Feb-2012 16:57
Any news on this? Have you decided whether you'd prefer to open source it or sell it?

Java challenge

Anonymous
Wed 29-Feb-2012 22:33
It's called a recursive function. Hence the name he gave the function.
The function will continue while the result is not zero, and finish off any remaining recursive function calls.

I don't plan to look too much at the code or to see what it does. Not my thing.