Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Jun 2022

Autosokoban

Anonymous
Wed 1-Jun-2022 18:36
hey!!!! F*ck you!!

Partita Prelude for 8-Bit Ensemble

quiss
Matthias Kramm
Wed 8-Jun-2022 11:20
Turning off *both* motors at the end of a note, to get rid of those clicks...! Nice one, Linus.

What pulse width(s) are you using? Also, looking at the video, the head is positioned on one of the outer tracks?

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Thu 9-Jun-2022 13:36
Anytime Mike :)

I wonder when I'm in bash and erasing text with backspace what stops me from erasing the bash prompt at the beginning of the line?

Eventhough it is a bit more complex (because bash works with a builtin readline library that handles backspaces) it basically boils down to this: the prompt is a simple string that gets printed before reading in your input. If for example you'd run in bash:

while true:
printf "my prompt $ "
read
done

you'd get the same situation. I guess you would not expect the 'read' command to erase the printf output string. In other words: the prompt is not part of the input buffer but a simple string that gets printed before each read call.

Bennie

Partita Prelude for 8-Bit Ensemble

lft
Linus Åkesson
Fri 10-Jun-2022 15:26
Just a plain 50% pulse width.

Yes, I'm starting from track five. I have to start from a known track to get consistent timbres, and it's easy to reset to a low track number.

Also, during the free coasting that occurs after every note, the head tends to drift towards higher track numbers (for some unknown reason). So I need some margin in that direction.

Monti On The 'Bin

Anonymous
Tue 28-Jun-2022 17:15
Very nice! stumbled across the net and found this..
Nice performance! ;)