Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

May 2019

GCR decoding on the fly

Anonymous
Wed 1-May-2019 01:47
Hi Linus and everybody,

thanks to this work, i've been inspired to come up with the next step.
Full on-the-fly GCR block read+decode+checksumming on a stock 1541: https://csdb.dk/release/?id=167152

I'd like to write a follow-up guest article about it at some point. :)

Regards,

Krill

Awesome work here I agree, and I just had a chance to look @ something you recently did some work on (Space Beer), and Fuck Me that is a fast loader. I re-ran the demo 3 times to make sure I wasn't just high or something. Which loader is that?

Tethered

Anonymous
Sat 4-May-2019 19:11
Right, apparently I have two problems: firstly, when I try to register a new account here, I get a database error.

Anyway, the real reason I wanted to post is this: I'm still trying to add autorestore to Spatterlight, and after the fix to Fizmo throw/catch, Fizmo now runs Tethered, but whenever I restore it, auto or manual, I get this:

Game state restored successfully.
(Technical trouble: Invalid error code! Attempting to recover with UNDO.)
Undoing the last turn.
(Technical trouble: Invalid error code!)

https://intfiction.org/t/fizmo-cannot-restore-tethered/41272

Regards,
Petter

Craft

Anonymous
Sat 4-May-2019 19:39
This microcomputer is so famous that it's emulated on MAME ( emulator that is mostly known for arcade emulation)
Anonymous
Mon 13-May-2019 18:19
This is absolutely the most impressive thing I've seen done with this type of micro controller. You have my respect good Sir!

IFComp 2017 reviews, first batch

Anonymous
Tue 14-May-2019 22:09
It says 'Please come back later'.
And the Austrian text version is missing an E, or rather: the E should shift:
(at) Konnten's bitt'schoen spaeter nochmal reinschauen
(at) Koennten's bitt'schoen spaeter nochmal reinschau'n
lft
Linus Åkesson
Thu 16-May-2019 06:41
Links updated. Thanks!

Dialog

Anonymous
Sun 19-May-2019 10:00
I think there may be a bug with (fungibility enabled appearance $ $ $)

I noticed that when I had (fungibility enabled) an explicit (appearance $ $ $) rule set on an object did not fire until the object had been moved. After a bit of digging I came to the conclusion that the problem was with stdlib line 3788. What seems to be happening is that when nothing's been touched the list being handled by (fungibility-enabled appearance $ $ $) starts with an object with no appearance, which means that a rule fails on the first object and it never recurses.

If I add an (or) so that it reads

(if)($Ninc = 1)(then)
(appearance $Head $Rel $Loc)
(or)

it works. I'm not sure that adding an (or) simply to prevent failure is good style of course ...

Paul
lft
Linus Åkesson
Tue 21-May-2019 19:59
I think there may be a bug with (fungibility enabled appearance $ $ $)

Thank you! This was indeed a bug, and I've added the '(or)' in library version 0.24. I think it's a reasonably clean fix. The alternative would have been to add a default rule definition for '(appearance $ $ $)' with a blank rule body, but such a change would also have affected stories that do not make use of fungibility, so I decided against it. For now, at least.

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Fri 24-May-2019 14:34
Thanks! Great article!

Autosokoban

Anonymous
Tue 28-May-2019 22:47
Here is my Nemisis: http://www.linusakesson.net/games/autosokoban/?v=1&seed=898753728&level=28