Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Jan 2008

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Fri 4-Jan-2008 17:00
If you color some program in random colors, like you did with your Alice In Wonderland text, it REALLY will be hard to read.

They're not random at all! He assigned colours to words of certain grammatical function. I don't know if he coloured it in all right, but verbs are one colour, nouns are another, adjectives another.. ect. It's annoying to read because our brain naturally "parses" the sentence.

Code, however, is another story. I'm not a professional programmer, I'm a physicist, but often I use colour to make proofs easier to read. Similarly I find colour coded and properly indented code to be much easier to read. But to each his own.

The SID septet

Anonymous
Wed 9-Jan-2008 11:15
Wonderful!
-- grip

Analysis of the lyrics of "Voices"

Anonymous
Thu 10-Jan-2008 12:05
very, very cool analysis. I just learned a lot more about this song. Thanks

Anonymous
Wed 16-Jan-2008 21:19
Hi just read this I do actually think I partly agree, and you wrote it in a way that made me enjoy reading it a lot! Thanks for being funny, you lit up my boring evening. :)

Paraforce

carlsson
Anders Carlsson [Zapac]
Tue 22-Jan-2008 11:49
Den var ju kanonbra, för att tala svenska! Just finessen att blanda låtar, antingen samtidigt eller efter varandra (s.k. potpurri eller medley som det heter på engelska) är bland det bästa jag vet. Det finns så många SID:ar som påminner om varandra att man skulle kunna göra en hel CD med remixar bara på temat 1+1=3, t.ex. om Fred Gray och Tommy Dunbar är avlägset släkt?

carlsson
Anders Carlsson [Zapac]
Tue 22-Jan-2008 12:12
I don't like "Christmas tree" highlighting. That's why I prefer to use Emacs, either through a standard terminal window or with colours turned off. I'm all for automatic indentation and brace matching though.
Anonymous
Mon 28-Jan-2008 13:54

lft wrote:

Thank you for all the feedback! Some of your arguments are really good, e.g. the one about indentation. I'll have to think about that.

Indentation is much more semantics than syntax, that is why indentation
actually adds readabilty to your programs.